Our client is a research management solution poffers a holistic approach covering the complete research lifecycle.
We’re currently looking for Senior Software Developer who is excited about building customer-facing platforms and services that improve customer experience and delivery. You are a self-starter who can develop high quality code as well as collaborate with other parts of the team, including product, QA, etc. to deliver solid products. You will help drive solutions for our customers by bringing together multiple, distributed, cross-functional teams.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver required development tasks is a timely manner while also helping and guiding other team members.
- Contribute to the software architecture of key solutions.
- Collaborate with other parts of the technology team, including product, QA, marketing, etc. to deliver solid product.
- Conduct code review of projects as presented by your manager, providing feedback.
- Review technical requirements provided by the business for key projects, in order to take concepts from design to delivery.
- Provide solid software/component level designs supporting technical requirements.
- Help drive projects through the full development life-cycle when required, liaising with team leads & external vendors across the business as appropriate.
- Contribute to project plans if needed.
- Ensure that all tasks undertaken are completed to a quality standard. This includes delivery on time, within budget and to specification.
- Ensure yourself and others follow departmental workflow processes, work in a transparent manner, check in code promptly, report development progress in workflow tracking tools.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis. An enthusiastic approach to extending knowledge and learning new skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, or Engineering, (strongly preferred), or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of working experience in technologies stated below.
- Strong cloud-focused development skills.
- Strong design and development experience on Java EE technologies.
You must have worked on:
- Java 8+
- XML & JSON processing
- Spring Boot
- Building and deploying microservices
- Message Queuing: Apache Kafka
- Relational databases: Postgres or similar
- Developing web services: REST & JAX RS
The following experience is a plus:
- Wildfly application server
- JSF and Richfaces or similar frameworks
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Dockerization
- Knowledge on new UI and UX frameworks like Angular etc
An enthusiastic approach to extending knowledge and learning new skills. Strong commitment to quality of work and a good attention to detail
You will be working in a multicultural environment (6 different nationalities at the moment) with highly skilled people across several countries. The office is in Karlsruhe we offer great benefits (such as 30 working days for holidays, German class for beginers, flexible hours, Altersvorsorge etc) & competitive salary.